Hi Martebar,

Ha, ha, sorry, it looks like we used your rack post for other synthesizer stuff discussions ;-)

How is your combination of the just new obtained modules and your 0-coast? Must be good, isn't it? I had now almost two weeks ago the opportunity to test the 0-coast from a good friend in combination with my Eurorack system, oh my, that 0-coast thing is a beauty! I love the sound that comes out of the 0-coast hence I am a bit jealous ;-)

Oh no! Now I also read you got an Octatrack?! I am definitely jealous :-) That same friend I was talking about brought his Octatrack too, also a great device. I feel it's not so self-explanatory and needs quite a bit time to get use to it, but if you are used to it, it’s a serious good device!

Ha, ha, the rules you set for yourself are very heavy ones, I would never be able to comply with any of those ;-)

Regarding “Never a module more than once (just for diversity’s sake)” yes, I fully understand that, I almost made that rule for myself too, still do that actually... just for me there are a few exceptions. I got the Xaoc Devices – Tirana II sequencer, got two of them so I am able to make an 8-step sequencer of it (instead of a 4-step) and I am even considering to get two more to make it a 16-step sequencer, but not sure yet.

For envelopes and oscillators I am willing to let go that rule too. In another post I was mentioning how happy I was with the Erica Synths Black VC EG ADSR, so I am thinking of getting another one. Same goes for the more simple ADSR of Doepfer, i.e. A-140-1.

Regarding oscillators, I can imagine it might come in handy at certain situations to have let’s say two or four the same oscillators, but I haven’t reach that stage yet. I read your comment about oscillators, I also consider the STO, perhaps Godspeed+ (Furthhhhh Generator is nicer I think but huge budget issue there...) and Dixie 2+ might be an idea...

I opened a post for exactly that matter: looking for a good oscillator in the Forum --> Modular Discussions --> Some good VCOs required, however I haven’t got any reply so far. Perhaps I put a little reminder in that post, hoping for some experts to help me there. You might want to follow that post, in case I get a reply there, to look for an additional good oscillator. If you are going to buy the STO, then please let me know how your experience is with that one, I strongly consider that one; but not 100% sure yet.

Enjoy your system, I hope you bought a bit bigger case than you displayed here? Otherwise you might need more space soon ;-)

Thank you and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads