Regarding the 19" rack idea...do you have any idea how much 19" rack gear there IS? Or that the format goes back to around WWII for audio gear (like cool old Collins and Federal comp/limiters, passive EQs like my Cinema Engineering one, etc)? This would make the site into a NIGHTMARE for the admins, make it more expensive for the Unicorns because this would eat up loads more database item space on the server, and so on. I mean...hell...I'm sitting next to 90U of processing gear RIGHT NOW, and there's not a whole lot of repetition in those racks!

And also...where do you stop with this? Effects processing? Lab gear? Tape machines (I have two rackmounted ones staring me in the face as I type this)? Power conditioners? Patchbays? Buehler? Anything you can stick onto a rack shelf, so that we eventually arrive at an endless panoply of stereo gear, home appliances...sure, it seems like a good idea...but it really IS a potential bottomless data pit in the end-analysis. I vote NO on this, if simply for protecting the admins' sanity!