I think it would be interesting to be able to take sounds from a track in Ableton (for example, i have an iPad with some cool/different synths (Animoog and Sound Prism to name just a couple)...and run them through various modules in my rack and then back into another track in Ableton...would that be accomplished with some sort of 'sampler' module?

-- jb61264

Nope...you'd first set up an external send and return path inside Ableton so that you can get the signal out and back. Then you'd use your DAW interface to get the signal into/out of the analog domain for the synth. Route the "send" through a suitable preamp to raise the signal to synth levels, and attenuate back down at the end so you're at line level to hit the return to the Focusrite. This is, of course, if you use the Focusrite for this; if you had an ES-9, you could send and return the audio using that module alone, plus a suitable digital link to the Focusrite (like an ADAT Lightpipe). This would also result in having dedicated interface I/O for the modular alone, which isn't a bad idea because, well, CV Tools. And yes, you CAN simultaneously move audio and CV signals over the same Lightpipe and Expert Sleepers module.