Hi Modulargrid,

Yes, for me, the use case would be very similar to Troux as well. It's nice to make extra copies of the rack, so in case you screw up one, you have a saved copy. It's also sometimes nice and good to look back to older racks I was using, they still might contain good ideas of how to setup a rack.

I also would prefer to use date stamps in the names so one can go back in history (not really using that yet because that would use lots of space). Sometimes it's handy to go back to an old rack. So Lugia's suggestion to be able to export the racks and save them locally that would be indeed the most flexible and, at least from me as a user, the best option. I could save up to hundreds or even thousands of racks locally (just an example, not saying I will ever have so many) and if I want to see them I delete a few on ModularGrid and upload then those I want to check again.

It's then also easier to do some rack suggestions for other users, I reduced that once I noticed that goes down from my "total to use number of racks". Though... once I would export them those would be no longer visible for those users then... hmm... that wouldn't solve that problem I am afraid. Okay, so increasing a bit the maximum number of racks might be still useful for that issue :-)

Naturally you could increase the maximum number of racks for a Unicorn account, that would be the easiest short term solution for you ;-) However sooner or later this question comes back to you then.

I do indeed believe that creating an archive solution might be pretty intensive work for you, so perhaps having the possibility to export it and saving it locally for the Unicorn accounts and at a later point upload them again, why not? Do you see any issues with that? Virus? Is that not somehow to be avoided? And for Unicorn accounts that are no longer Unicorn accounts, well these accounts can't upload and/or export/download then any longer any racks saved locally.

Naturally, I don't want you to force into anything, you need to feel comfortable in keep supporting this great ModularGrid.net website, that's the most important thing, but if there is a small chance of having racks exported locally, now that would be fantastic! :-) In which format, I don't care much as long as it is MacOS compatible and I (as a user) can then upload it again here into my racks overview on ModularGrid.net

That are my 2 cents, thank you very much in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads