Hi Solitud,

Let me try to reply from your point of view, because if I would reply from my point of view as a user then I want everything ;-) But let's try to be realistic and it needs to be doable for you too :-)

From that latter point of view, I would not expect to see an archived (or exported) rack visible in our command centre. To keep things simple for you as well as for the user, I think once a rack has been archived it should become a private rack... though... just having thought/said that...

What would happen if a user makes a rack for another user and displays/uses that in one of the (Rack) posts and that particular rack would then be archived... hmm... then perhaps it shouldn't become a private rack and the user who checks then that post should see, for example, a reference to an archive file or whatever way you would like to implement it.

So coming back on my own above comment once a rack is going to be archived... if somehow possible, perhaps ask the user if it should be private or public? So asking that for every rack that's going to be archived? Or if one does a bundle of racks into an archive the entire bundle will then be either private or public, depending on the choice of the user?

It gets quite complicated, right? :-) Exporting a rack to avoid issues with archiving a rack, is not an option for you? To be honest, I would rather have the option to export a rack then to have it archived.

Thank you very much and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads