Very cool, thanks for the comments above guys!

A few module notes I'm compiling from recent investigations (compiled here for my reference and anybody else interested!):

-- Pamela's New Workout (PNW) is SO capable that it may preclude the need for other related modules OR it may make sense to get a 2nd PNW instead of some other modules. For example my Doepfer A160 modules don't do anything a PNW can't do (I think!) and the three of those cost more than a 2nd PNW would; wish I'd figured that out months ago. Anyway, food for thought: the answer to a lot of these types of questions might be "get a PNW or a 2nd PNW if you need that many channels"

-- There are a few brands that carry a lot of relevant modules for this domain: Ladik, EMW, Noise Engineering, and NonLinear Circuits (NLC). A few of these are discussed below:

++Some Ladik modules of interest include J110 Derivator & J120 Comparator for getting gates out of general signal (audio or CV); U-031 Gate to Trigger Converter and S-185 Gatsby Gatemaker for going gate to trigger or trigger to gate; S-195 Microdelay or U-090 Clock/Reset Corrector to give micro-offsets to correct for signals that may be too overlapping (such as when trying to synchronize clock/reset signals needed across multiple devices). S-195 or U-190 I may need if running a big patch with a lot synch'ed; we'll see.

++of EMW modules, Pulse Counter and VC Trigger Source stand out as options

++Noise Engineering has a LOT to offer in this domain, however much of it already overlaps with stuff I already have. Worth checking out though if you have fewer clock/gate modules and are looking for additional interesting pieces

++NLC has quite a lot of interesting modules in this domain https://www.nonlinearcircuits.com/modules?tag=Logic%2FGates If I didn't already have clock dividers / PNW I would consider NLC's. Most interesting to me next from NLC are 8-Bit Cypher and Divine CMOS. But I am waiting on an order placed 2 weeks ago for Squid Axon and Neuron. I'll need to wrap my head around those. Safe to say, if I wanted a bunch more "make a fun mess with gates" capabilities, additional NLC modules would be a likely go to.

++ aside from those main brands with lots to offer in this domain, there are other interesting offerings from ADDAC (their clock), Shakmat, Ornament & Crime (and its variants) and a few others

I'll probably circle back in the next day or two with a few more comments on musical applications (not so module focussed), AND I need to spend more time reviewing the video and comments above. Thanks for all the comments, its a big help!