Hi folks,

A favorite sound of mine from vsts is unison stack detune with stereo spread. "Supersaw" is the most common version of this, but it can be done with many waveshapes.

How to do this in Eurorack? Lets say I've got a great timbre out of DPO (or ANY OSC) and I want to give that the thick fat wide supersaw stack detune spread sound?

Ladik Animator strikes me as a possibility but: might need 2 modules, no controls on it to tailor the sound, and wouldn't handle spatial spread. But worth considering ...

[edit, added] I should say, I'm still trying to figure out how to do unison stack detune with stereo spread for ANY waveform weather it originates in eurorack or DAW. So if you have VST-based suggestions I could add to a chain to "superX anything" I'm interested!

[edit, added] Last, I must add (if only for my benefit) yes this stack/detune/spread idea is somewhat similar to chorus, but not exactly. VSTs like Serum, Zebra2, Icarus2 give the ability to make almost any waveform into a "superX" version with stack unison detune and stereo spread. There you can control: # of unison voices, amount of detune, amount of stereo spread, level balance between original and added waves. I find these controls give me a LOT more control over a tone (vs. a chorus) and let me get a sound that has more density, more power, and more control of stereo spread than a normal chorus. Which is to say, yes I like chorus quite a lot, but IMO chorus is not a substitute for a good unison stack detune spread function.

... SO, any ideas? Module and patch suggestions and or VST suggestions appreciated!

Thanks, Nicholas