Oh, and Jim...yes, I still think Uli's a prime example of "appalling". But now, his actions are so transparent and evident that everyone knows the story...which is part of why Sweetwater trolled B. when they came out with the "Swing" (aka the Arturia Keystep) and at present, their Four Play VCA (ie: the Intellijel Quad VCA or Mutable's Veils) and the Brains (a blatant Mutable Plaits rip). Back then, they were rerouting search inquiries to the REAL modules, but these days searches for these just drop you into the midst of ALL Behringer listings, which is pretty much like getting tossed into the deep end of the proverbial pool.

Also, consider: now that Uli's making instruments, his visibility has increased, and continues to increase as Tribe keeps putting out more visible gear (as opposed to mixers, rack processors, etc). Might be great for sales, but if Uli goes off in some weird direction again (the Kirn debacle instantly comes to mind), that public coverage will potentially be his downfall. I'd be good with that, and I think lots of others would be as well.

-- Lugia

Well I'm all for shutting up about it as I'm a bit sick of it to be honest unless asked - as I was above...

I really didn't mean to derail your thread with 'anti-b-company propganda'

But I really think that the history of the b-company is not well known at all outside a small part of the recording/musical instrument market - and given that a lot of the influx of people into eurorack in the last couple of years has been through their marketing - and often from outside the traditional musical community that not that many people know about it or they wouldn't be selling so many - or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part that a majority of people will do the right thing when choosing who to buy things of, which is most likely the case...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities