@farkas I agree that Crucible sounds wonderful, but I haven't been able to get any "hats" sounds out of it, just ride. Is there a trick I'm missing?
-- troux

It had been a while since I messed around with any drum sounds, so I patched up Crucible this morning. It definitely excels at ride/crash type stuff, but I got a decent hi hat groove going with size, decay, excite, and deform all set around 9 o’clock with pitch and tone set around 12 o’clock. Triggers into the edge and choke inputs. Attenuated lfos into size and decay, and a channel of Voltage Block into velocity in a sort of ascending sawtooth-ish kind of pattern. I also find that I like to filter the output of Crucible a little. I was just using Ripples today, but I’m sure you could get some cool results with other filters/effects.
This little experiment made me want to make some techno again. Haha.

Edit: I love the Patching Panda Punch v3 for percussive sounds, so I'm sure their Hatz v2 is awesome for analog drum machine style hi-hats. I have a few other sources for that kind of sound, otherwise I would probably get one.