Thread: Starter kit

Hi all,
I've had some exposure to analog synths (1980s-90s), trackers with samples (90s), then took a break and restarted a year ago with a wavetable synth (Argon8x) and several soft synths in Logic (e.g. Sculpture). Because most of this was slow, plodding development of tunes in a DAW or other editor, I'm looking to break it all open and enjoy the unbridled live madness of modular.

I've added a bunch of 2HP oscillators because they take little space, yet seem quite capable. For noise, I went with something a little more flexible. Then there's LFO/EG and some effects. Finally, the Erica Black stereo mixer with PFL so I can hear first, then mix in. Planning on getting some patch-through cables to split the signal into stereo for the mixer.

I'm planning to use this setup with a Torso T-1. I thought I'd need the Bastl 1983 for that, but it seems there's more CV connectivity than I thought. So I guess that one can go. Saves me a pretty penny and 7HP.

I'd like to use this mounted into my racks in my home studio, yet take it out into a portable box when playing elsewhere. Is that doable?

I wanted to add the JPG here, but it seems like ModularGrid updates that infrequently. So here's the link straight to the rack config.

StarterKit on ModularGrid

Modular playlist on SoundCloud