don't throw out your turing machine - build some more simple(r) modules - mults, attenuators etc and learn how to use a multimeter to troubleshoot - also might be worth posting high res photos of your boards on a DIY forum/subforum (modwiggler music tech DIY subforum or r/SynthDIY, for instance) someone might see what the problems are - you've probably screwed up some solder joints, or not soldered them, or have bridges somewhere, or put something in the wrong way round (all easy things to do, if you aren't experienced or not concentrating enough...

all the things you say you want are achievable - but possibly not in a 'small' case such as this (it's not that small, but it's not that big either), mainly as you will need support modules to enable you to achieve what you want - see my signature for a hint as how to build a versatile rack for the least cash

magneto is great (and by all accounts so is starlab) but they are very large and expensive - personally I think both the hp and money are better spent in a case this size - a couple of fx aid xls will give you more versatility for less cash and less space - spend saved money and hp on modulation/utilities

I would seriously consider going external for drums (if you can) ie a drum machine - they're significantly less expensive!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities