Thread: Starter kit

Possibly - the reason to use the Pams as master is that it's solid and it's easy to read the BPM - don't know the Oxi One at all - maybe you can clock that from Pams - altough vice versa is probably fine too

That should be okay:

And anyway, if I link them up, both will show the same clock. Or should at least No fun memories of trying to get a BSP to work with a Korg SQ-1 as central clock. In the end it was quickly done, of course, but it required a computer to reconfigure the BSP, which I didn't have with me at that time...

I have 2 filters in there now - Squawk and the Lo-Fusion. Lo-Fusion isn't very dense but I've grown to like its raw sound. Perhaps Steve's MS-22 is similar and more in less HP, because both are based on the MS-20. We'll see.

It's easy to miss the odd module - especially if it's not a common one... but if you ask me the more the merrier - I've got at least 6 in the rack and a few external ones...

I'm definitely happy I added the squawk. The always-present HPF and the flexibility are just so handy. I've used both my filters in everything I've done since the squawk arrived.

Matrix mixer - yes, I've been thinking about that. I saw DivKid's video on the Instruo Lion and it's an interesting non-standard approach to a matrix. Doepfer is of course a good standard. I'll need to look into matrix mixers more deeply, because there are so many different possibilities (attenuverters, ...)

I saw that video too - but I think a standard one is much easier to work with and no special loopback plugs to loose!!!

That's a good point. And the Lion is TRS, too, which I understand for send/return, but that means it requires dedicated cables. Something standard has its advantages.

Adding stuff is nice, but I'm running out of space. Add a tetrapad and all 3U is full. I feel like I'll need to just do it and decide what I will keep in the rack based on what actually works.

obviously time for another case then...

Gateway drug! Escalating addiction!

Modular playlist on SoundCloud