Thread: Starter kit

Possibly - the reason to use the Pams as master is that it's solid and it's easy to read the BPM - don't know the Oxi One at all - maybe you can clock that from Pams - altough vice versa is probably fine too

That should be okay:

looks cool - hope you get on well with it - I'll have to find a review...

And anyway, if I link them up, both will show the same clock. Or should at least No fun memories of trying to get a BSP to work with a Korg SQ-1 as central clock. In the end it was quickly done, of course, but it required a computer to reconfigure the BSP, which I didn't have with me at that time...

yeah only issue with bsp... always carry a macbook pro is the answer...

I have 2 filters in there now - Squawk and the Lo-Fusion. Lo-Fusion isn't very dense but I've grown to like its raw sound. Perhaps Steve's MS-22 is similar and more in less HP, because both are based on the MS-20. We'll see.

It's easy to miss the odd module - especially if it's not a common one... but if you ask me the more the merrier - I've got at least 6 in the rack and a few external ones...

I'm definitely happy I added the squawk. The always-present HPF and the flexibility are just so handy. I've used both my filters in everything I've done since the squawk arrived.

I have an old Frostwave Resonator - which is a pedal format(ish) MS20 filter... more filters is always better than more vcos - mostly vcos are vcos - filters are where the character is 90% of the time

Matrix mixer - yes, I've been thinking about that. I saw DivKid's video on the Instruo Lion and it's an interesting non-standard approach to a matrix. Doepfer is of course a good standard. I'll need to look into matrix mixers more deeply, because there are so many different possibilities (attenuverters, ...)

I saw that video too - but I think a standard one is much easier to work with and no special loopback plugs to loose!!!

That's a good point. And the Lion is TRS, too, which I understand for send/return, but that means it requires dedicated cables. Something standard has its advantages.

yeah and it's trs to dual ts cables you need and no control other than where you plug the cables in...

Adding stuff is nice, but I'm running out of space. Add a tetrapad and all 3U is full. I feel like I'll need to just do it and decide what I will keep in the rack based on what actually works.

obviously time for another case then...

Gateway drug! Escalating addiction!
-- Arrandan

tell me about it - 8 cases... 1800hp-ish... cupboard full of effects pedals... etc etc... down to 4 guitars and only 1 bass though! so swings and roundabouts...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities