Hi guys,

I'm currently exploring the idea of this amazing thing called eurorack, but I just found out that the cases are like 10 times more expensive than the modules........ Am I missing something here or what?

I would like to build a synth overtime that I can use on the stage (electronica/techno), and I was thinking about a 12U case, but prices are over 1k euro's so I quickly decided there is no way I can afford that ON TOP of the modules themselves.. 6U has crazy prices too, so I guess I might be looking in the wrong places.

I am definitely considering getting everything 2nd hand, but I know that modular stuff usually doesn't drop in price too much, so really what I'm asking here is, are there any affordable (preferrably portable) cases for sale out there or does everyone in fact build their own? (I'm not very good when it comes to electrical shit...)

Probably this has been asked 1million times before and I have skipped through some pages on the forum trying to find it, but forgive me for not finding my answer. I'm also new to this forum.

Thanks in advance and best wishes for 2017 everyone ;)
Precursor