@SpaceV2

I agree on what you say. If you want to get rid of your 6U case, going for a 9U one anytime in the summer I'd be up for taking it from you, so you can go bigger and I can start haha.. Anyway I don't have a big budget at the moment, so I can't start now anyway.

What I was thinking is getting the MakeNoise 0-Coast semi-modular synthesizer, once I saved a little. Then At least I'll have a soundsource. I already own a BeatStep Pro, which allows me to sequence hardware (incl. cv/gate). I think it will be a logical approach to start with the 0-Coast and the BSP, so that I can get into the idea of modular synthesis a little bit and then start to buy a 6U case (maybe 104HP) and some basic modules.

It will be nice that I'll already have a sound source then and some sort of adsr control and parameter controls. Maybe once I understand the fx modules a bit, by then I'll have a better idea of what kind of modular VCO/VCA I'd want to get....
I think I'd want Math and Clouds, so it will cost a lot from the start. I can get a job in September that'll make me about 1.6k which I could completely invest into the rack and start everything up. I guess until then I will play around with the 0-Coast.

In any case it's good to see that there are options for the case. Because if you look at my budget it will probably not exceed 2k anytime soon and spending 500-1000 euro's on a case seems kinda ... pointless. I could also get a prophet desktop for like 1.4k I think it was, so that would make a lot more sense otherwise. But if I can find a 300 euro case I'd definitely be up to start about with modular synthesis :)

Thanks for all the replies guys!
Cheers,
Q / Precursor