Thank you for the replies, Garfield! I'm actually a Texan with no Japanese either. I was trying to quote Star Wars ("Help me, Obi-won Kenobi, you are my only hope" - princess Leia's recorded message on r2d2).

Rack size: this will have to be a compromise as my wife and I live in a small apartment and she is not thrilled by either the expense or space taken up by my hobby. 6U 104HP will have to do for now (with 2x 38HP unused based on my above design (the second one))

Rings: I definitely need to learn to read closer, you are correct. My above build only has one VCO at the moment, with rings as a mod. I'll ponder a second VCO for a while. Originally I was eyeing a Loquelic, and maybe I will re-add that, or maybe a Dixie. Any suggestions you would make for a beginner, to compliment the Plaits?

Ochd - I need to learn to write better, too! I did know this was an LFO. Oops.

Sequencers - I hope to use my rack by itself, and supplement with the deluge as needed. Maybe I can drop the Pamela's, but I love the randomizer in the Mimetic.

USB Power - good point. I have a terrific USB battery I can use for these, as well as the wall itself. I guess this really isn't needed.

Deluge: I started my synthesis journey with a Korg Electribe 2, the synth version, not the more common sampler. Then I purchased a PO-33. I've I understood sequencing well enough, and modulations, LFOs, Envelopes, and Filters I outgrew the electribe. So I bought the Deluge direct from Synthstrom Audible having never seen or used it (but watched countless videos from every super YouTuber, like Red Means Recording, Loopop, Cuckoo, and more. What impressed me most was it was all-in-one: subtractive and FM synthesis, infinite sequencer (no max pattern length), sampler, and now a looper. I love it! I have produced a different or more songs entirely DAWless, and entirely on the Deluge. But it has limitations, too. None of the synth engines are best in class. The FM synthesis is pretty limited, the subtractive is as well, with the unison not being amazing, the overdrive / saturation being good-not- great, no bandpass filter, the reverb and delay again are sufficient but nothing is ultimately exceptional except the sequencer and the fact that you get ALL of these pieces in one box. I love the Deluge and won't ever give it up. When I traveled for work I kept the deluge in my backpack and jammed out on the plane. I love it love it love it, but now I want more robust synthesis. My other quibble is the deluge quantizes everything (latest firmware unlocks 256ths notes) and while I can use probability triggering, that's ultimately different from the randomization and happy accidents I see people getting in modular.

I'm happy to share my music, or answer more questions on the Deluge. It's so good! (The Deluge, not my music. That's still not very good).

Thanks again for the reply. I'll continue researching VCOs for my second voice.

Besides rack size, and besides USB power, and besides maybe having too many sequencers (I envision these also triggering and mutating effects, as CV and gate modifiers - is a sequencer overkill here?) .... do you see other aspects of this build you would change?