Thread: Disting mk4

I've mainly used it as a tape delay...

Pretty much all the algorithms are decent - they do what they say they do

I think the trick with it is to use the favourites function and not worry about using or even trying all the functions

Use it to fill in what you don't have (an extra filter/vca or whatever) and want to experiment with (wavetable vco for example)

Use it to determine the next module you get - if you have it stuck on tape delay as I have had - get a tape delay and use it for something else - I just bought a Magneto and haven't re-assigned my disting to anything else yet

Don't try flipping through all the algos to find out what they do - and have to constantly refer to the manual whilst you are doing it and then get frustrated and hate the module - this is what I've seen a lot of people doing - if you bought 100 modules or whatever it is at one go you wouldn't expect to learn them all inside out in an afternoon - or even in a year...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities