The only reason I prefer manufacturers to register themselves is that they can get a manufacturer account and set the Approved by manufacturer lock which mostly improves the data.
-- modulargrid

Mostly. There's still issues, though, most notably when a manufacturer discontinues a module and they don't bother to come back and change that module's MG listing. Or when the manufacturer in question doesn't exactly "get" what MG is about and they don't complete module listings, etc because they're not 100% aware of the site's utility to a wider synthesist community. I like Jim's idea about a "form email", but I think it needs a bit more fleshing-out...something with a bit of an explanation of what MG is, why MG exists, MG's general traffic levels, what data MG wants, etc. If these companies know more about what Modulargrid is about, and the basic fact that being in this cited reference database is pretty critical to both them AND the MG users, this should result (hopefully!) in even better data that actually gets cleaned-up when the "Approved" lock is on.