Thanks Lugia!
Yes, the hp factor and the aesthetic factor are certainly things to consider. The Mescaline is truly a beauty and I don’t like parting the modules even in Modulargrid. Still…
If I try my idea the Folktek modules would occupy 132 out of 336 hp and for now I’d be fine with that. If so, I would rack the Mental, Motion and Channel vertically in the 9U case, in their original order. Yes, this takes a lot away from the aesthetics (however I’m curious about if it wouldn’t make it easier patching between Motion and Channel - I think the original angle between them tend to make this quite finicky sometimes). And I may very well find that my idea won’t work at all.
The cable mess though – it’s already a reality to me. I’ve been patching the Mescaline with Ciat-Lonbarde and Lorre Mill gear from the start as well as syncing it with the Subharmonicon (and recently w eurorack) and my hopes and intentions were that having the Folktek modules mounted with the other modules would make the cable spaghetti a bit less messy (shorter patch cables would be required, the Duponts would be kept mostly to the right of the rack etc) … how do you avoid the worst mess with your different standalone units?
Edit: put it like this – mounting them in a rack I can’t see the functionality of the Folktek Mescaline modules being done actual harm, in the way rackmounting some semimodulars actually might take some of their intended possibilities away. Or am I mistaken here?