Thanks Jim!

I'm leaning towards the Doepfer I think yeah. Their switchmode/linear hybrid PSU is interesting too. I don't have the knowledge to say better or worse than a fully modern switcher (I use a 5V switching regulator for my custom MB6582 power supply and doesn't seem any worse) but is an interesting approach. Moreso I like the wood - even just unstained, though if I got one I'd probably stain it to match my shelves.

Maths. Oh boy! Yeah that gives me a ton to think about and work through. It's a lot to take in, but I never thought about asymmetric LFOs until I started working my way through that PDF (and some videos which helped kinda fit the theory into the end sound). It's quite a beast and yeah turns some of these concepts on their head.

Before I really get into that, first things first, I'll continue messing about with VCAs in VRV. I'd like to see if I can figure out Kraftwerk's cover album among other things. It's a good reminder too that I haven't at all been considering the price of patch cables (namely due to needing more than I thought I would) ;)