It's a good reminder too that I haven't at all been considering the price of patch cables (namely due to needing more than I thought I would) ;)
-- m00dawg

yeah, I know the feeling - I'm at about 300 or so and probably need more soon!

-- JimHowell1970

Honestly, once you get on up into the hundreds of patch cords, it starts to make more sense to just get a spool of Belden 8441 (three conductor with foil shielding) and a pile of Switchcraft 250s, then whip out the ol' soldering iron. That way, you can do patchcords of whatever length you need. True, it's tedious AF, but you get a superior patch cord (that foil makes a definite difference in keeping crap off of your signals) AND you pump up your soldering game. Same trick applies for 3.5mm cords as well, although you might be better going with Belden 9396 for those and, of course, the right 3.5mm connector...in this case, I recommend CUI Devices MP-3502s for the plugs.

-- Lugia

I would if i thought I'd need a ton more - but I probably don't, maybe another 50 or so will keep me going for ever... and not all at once - maybe 20 more this year and some more next year...

I don't plan on expanding forever - maybe 3-4 modules (plus some diy as needed) this year and some of that tiptop/buchla (and maybe a couple of video modules) next year - and I'll probably be near as damn it done... maybe some more DIY modules and anything that seriously catches my eyes or ears - but tbh, not a lot really does... thankfully!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities