Thanks Jim, I definitely agree and am quite happy to take out more of the sound sources from the case to make it into more of a useful instrument. I can always swap them in and out later if I want variation, and my old doepfer case isn't that far away on the desk in a pinch :)

There are still a small number of performance mixers out there in the wild, but at a premium which is making me cautious.
I've hovered over the buy button a few times in the last few weeks, it would only take some light encouragement and positive reviews in context of my case and I'll no doubt buy one. The temptation started due to the built in vca's, cv over panning and general rock solid playability of the other WMD modules I have which made it feel like I'd be able to get to grips with it quickly. I'd then also need to consider some mutes somewhere in the line, disabling triggers in metron will only do some of that work.

Yeah, the matrix mixer I think will do an awful lot for me, I'm curious to see how it combines with the sequenced voltages coming from the metron / mimetic and also seeing how the sumdif could get involved in that in some way :)
I have been using the zero2 for rectification, but its using up the switch (which I might benefit from something like switchblade to give me more but slightly different switching anyhow), so I've also been eyeing up the black noise dual rectifier to free this up again.
Tilt has been doing a lot of heavy lifting, and I can certainly see how Maths would be a good addition. for some reason I strayed from it early and have a blindspot for it even now, I'll reflect on that some more.

I've been trawling the utilities section, and there are some lovely xoac devices modules which catch my eye like minsk and kamieniec (or more of the Leibniz Binary Subsystem), but I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Do you have any suggestions to narrow down my gaze?