Thread: First system

To be honest, when I fisrt became more interested in electronic music and synthesis little over year ago, and I saw these beast of modular synths, I was scared of them and the complexity, but more I watched videos (like demos, tutorials, 'getting started with modular' and anything I could find) of them little by little, the more I was interested in them and the infinite possibilities they offer... also I started to show some interest in making my own simple modules and such (Ive never before been interested in small electronics until now, planning to start with some simple DIY kits and a solder)... Im kinda still looking for the thing I really wanna do in life, one thing is music, that I love much to make and to listen... About the modular synthesis with MIDI, I wouldnt want the MIDI keyboard to be something I completely rely on, but more of a traditional approach maybe(?), Im planning to build up more and seek all the ways I can use the modular synths with, Im interested in the drum things and patches and sounds, self playing and generating soundscapes, and sound design is really close to my heart, like with my Korg Volca I couldnt get my hands off of it in first few days because I was having fun just turning the knobs and exploring everything I can make it sound like but soon I craved for more.... Sorry if Im kinda all over the place with my messages, I try my best to keep it bearable haha

There are many things that really interests me to build a modular system, one big thing is that its unique to me, I want to build my own custom case that I can fill up partly with my own DIY modules and many cool ones from all different companies (I built my first custom PC for myself last december, so if building custom modular synth is anything like that, then I dont want to miss out on it). Other thing is the expandability and customizability, there would never come a point when I could say ''now thats too many I need to stop'' other than in bad financial situation maybe haha. 3rd thing I think is the creativity it offers, I like to think Im creative guy with tons of ideas for different purposes and modular synth would really compliment that creativity, not to say one can not be creative on much more simpler things, like you said 'It is amazing what creativity necessity invokes in us' it is most definitely true! :)

I live in Finland, and Im not much of a traveller kinda dude but Ill try and remember to take pics if I happen to find myself at Erica :)