Hello, I've been spending a lot time on modulargrid.net and slowly putting together what I think is an ideal first time eurorack with modules that accomplish what I'd like to do. I've been watching tones of videos on these modules and trying to get as good a sense of each of them as I can, but at this point wanted to get feedback from people more experienced.
I plan to use this rack with my DAW quite heavily. I work on TV promos and movie trailers, so a lot of my song structure will start in the computer. I'd also like to have a workflow that allows me to send audio out of the DAW into the rack quite easily. I've added the I/O and MIDI modules to help with these workflow concerns. My goal is to spark new ideas while I work and have some fun learning modular at the same time. I'll need to make some accessible sounds, but also want tons of room for experimenting. Sonically if I could get some heavy bass lines, interesting synths and process drums and other sounds out of the DAW...i'd be very happy!
Most of the modules are fairly obvious as they seem to be quite popular options for their functions. I'm on the fence about both Clouds and Braids as they are now discontinued, but they seem to be big favorites in the community. I'd like to process audio through the rack and Clouds seems like a fun option for that. I was trying to work in the DPO, but rack space became an issue so I went with a combination of Braids and SPO...any suggestions or opinions on that would be awesome. Maths seems like a no brainer. Everything else is mostly for modulating and effects. It's hard for me not to envision wanting some reverb/delay/distortion etc...so again if anyone has an opinion on how I could better accomplish having that in this rack, I'm open to other modules. I had a few HP left and snuck in the Buff Mult and Pico VCF-1. Without much experience I'm not totally positive how much I'd need the Buff Mult, but it felt like a utility like that module would be useful...or no?
And lastly I was hoping to get feedback on the layout. Does anything seem oddly placed in the rack? Should I switch anything around for a more convenient layout?
Thanks in advance for any help on this. Really excited about building this out and getting started!
ModularGrid Rack