Thread: First Rack

Hi Mator1900,

Are you really already that old? Born in 1900? ;-) Just joking.

My first reaction: Extreme far too small case. Second impression, quite a few fancy modules but I am missing some basic but important stuff, like: VCOs, LFOs (I saw one), envelopes (I saw one), filters, VCAs and perhaps here and there a few more modules. If you are not familiar with these standard components then please do first some reading & homework before start to plan a modular system. Don't even think about buying one yet, knowing what you want is an important pre-phase of this.

But your question is difficult to answer with just the very little input you give us. Basic information like: how much experience do you have on synthesizers, and on modular systems? The more information you provide the more accurate I/we can try to help you.

So even without really knowing what you want, get yourself a much, much bigger case and don't put everything straight from the beginning full. Keep for example one row free for future extensions otherwise you end up with buying a second case pretty soon.

One little feedback about the audio output module, personally I would put that either in the bottom left or bottom right corner, depending where your cables need to go to your external mixer or device. Putting that one in the middle seems not so handy to me (regarding cables blocking you when you patch and want to turn knobs, etcetera). Unless you have of course a good reason to put it there in the middle, then it's fine.

Oh yes, and do you really need two Expert Sleepers - Disting mk4s? One wouldn't do it? Do I also see two Plucks? Really needed?

Good luck with your planning and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads