5 "No...no, it won't. Nor will any other piece of equipment you happen to be able to afford (see #2 above). And in all truth, modular will wind up frustrating you even more as a musician if you don't have a clear vision for your work."

I wish I had read this years ago. I would highly suggest to those who are in financial straights to steer clear of modular altogether.

Five years will go by, and you will have sacrificed many important things in your life to spent thousands of dollars on a modular rack.

When things hit rock bottom, you will realize that you are not special or talented in the realm of music, no matter how beautiful you personally think that patch is.

The truth is that your work is just mediocre, like most things modular, honestly. It hurts to admit that to yourself, but sometimes we have to accept facts that will help us become better in this world as opposed to fantasies that will only destroy us.

If you can afford to purchase a new car every year and not worry about it, feel free to get into modular. If you barely make ends meet, stay away from modular. You will be better off throwing your cash into a fucking bonfire, because at least if you did that, it would be something people would talk about and remember for a little while, unlike your eurorack based music.

And then one day you'll find
Ten years have gone behind you

Don't make the same mistake I made. It doesn't matter how much you love music. Not everybody should be a part of it. Don't waste your life away chasing something you have no business being a part of.

Save your money. Become financially responsible. Live life and experience the great things this world has to share. Make and keep good friends. Spread love. Having a modular by itself will bring you none of these things.