this user has left ModularGrid

All points are relevant besides it is next to impossible in this day and age to make a viable living just as a musician of any form and type. Most pro level musicians either end up teaching to pay bills or work day jobs as engineers, lawyers, doctors, plumbers or whatnot. I know super talented musicians both on guitar and also with synthesizers who are not connected to land huge paying gigs or residencies at big clubs that pay well and have to work day jobs. That is the reality that nobody wants to admit or talk about. Look at Youtube for example. Only a handful make any money off it. Yeah we have a few celebrities like DivKid and Andrew Huang and Loopop who make bank on modular for a living.

I have music training but I am just a hobbyist and use it to create weird sounds that may lead to a soundtrack to accompany my novel/screenplay that I am working on. I cannot afford to pay bands like Metallica or Infected Mushroom to use their music in the movie screenplay so I learn to do it myself. It is a fun journey but not cheap.