well that was quick ! - this was started before your reply to my last post - I'll reply to that separately....

ok so some great modules in there - again - bigger case recommended - as I suspected not a lot of utility - think plumbing! they are 'essential' for extending modulation - mixing, modifying and multiplying - really really important for the enjoyment of modular - almost as important as ergonomics!

rack wart - i hate these with a passion - especially these arturia ones - needless, overly big module with overly big branding if you ask me

plaits - fine - it's a good module - very flexible

mimeophone - it's huge - and not really enough modulation/utilities to support it fully I would suspect

polaris - it's a filter - I'd hold off on this one longer as plaits doesn't really need a filter

I'd want more vcas - they are incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio and plaits has a built in vca/lpg so you don't really need one for that - use another 4hp (in your bigger case) and get a veils! almost the same price but twice the vcas! veils will also double as an input module for external instruments - as it has up to 20db gain available - most vcas are effectively voltage controlled attenuators, not amplifiers - despite the name!

links is great - but I'm not convinced that you need a buffered mult at this stage and the mixers are very simple (ie no control)

distortion - hmm - I'd be more tempted to get a pedal interface and use a pedal - especially if you are determined to stay with the tiny case - and if you already have pedals - AISynthesis do a reasonably priced one in 2hp and it's even cheaper if you can diy!

Maths - brilliant module, a bit too big for a 3u, but buy this first - work your way through the illustrated manual - 32 patches for patch programming - the best modular primer there is, imo

Wobblebug - it's a great module but it's too big for this case - there are many many random sources - find something smaller

are you using an external mixer?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities