I am up for getting maths first.
I am slightly scared that I am opening this Pandora’s box that leads to your 100+ Modules!
I am cool with going to the 6u.
In this case you suggest I need more plumbing and should be getting another LFO module, VCA module and envelope/Adsr module as well as another multi or a mixer module but what am I missing here from the big stuff I would/should want to use?
I thought about an Erica graphic VCO for a more FM sound perhaps but it is not really the vibe I tend to go for but 80’s in quite in at the moment.
I am not in love with the Steiner filter in the brute to be honest. I would really like a more organic sounding filter. That was my thinking with the Polaris.
Distortion and delay were, to my musical pallet, the first two things I really felt the brute was lacking for how I wanted to use it but this might just be because I don’t know any better and these are the traditional things I understand. I would like these to be modules rather than pull apart my pedal board or reallocate it to my synth setup.
I am also going to say something really stupid here but doesn’t the brute 2s’s sequencer do quite a lot of what a gate module would do? He says running for shelter from the barrage of criticism about to come his way :-)
Everything will clock to pro tools or I will use the MPC that has cv out and my plan is for the mono out from the brute to go straight into the sound card as well as the stereo out from the delay going into the desk and on an insert into the sound card too so that I can record both and use either and reroute dry or wet etc.
Thanks so much Jim for all your help and advice, It is really kind and helpful.
I might put together a virtual 6u for your critique.