Actually, they seem to have addressed some of these BSP issues in the more recent firmware revisions, notably the pad velocity thing. I use two of these, so I was reading that and going "huh...?" That's definitely one of the benefits of being able to redefine a device's OS via a flash.

Anyway, Jim's point here is well-taken. Small cabs are actually more of an IMPEDIMENT when users pick these for first builds. As a result, a bunch of us tend to advise going with a larger case than you think you'll need...because, inevitably, it's NOT larger than you think you need. The problem of size arises when people begin to realize that their 2 x 84 cab now has all of the major modules they'd been drooling over...and no room left for the utilities and other stuff that makes those major modules do their thing. In that sense, the build I did here is a bit of an anomaly, because I was able to make the utility functions happen because of certain major modules, like the SISM's use here for modulation mixing/polarization/offsets. When you can pull those sorts of additions off, they're a big 'win'.