Thread: Korg SQ-64?

Save that the reissues are all but useless to average, everyday electronic musicians. For example, Korg's UK rep was finally forced to admit (several months after the official NAMM announcement) that the ARP 2600 FS was NEVER intended to go to anyone but certain "influencer" and "celebrity" types. I would surmise that the same is probably true of the miniKorg 700FS as well. In which case, these "reissues" don't help ANYONE. And it really isn't helpful when you issue the "everyone else" units and they happen to be "crippleware", as is the case with the 2600 mini, which is missing all of the 3620 keyboard module additions...which, oddly enough, Behringer was able to accommodate.

Yeah, I know...corporate Japanese culture and all that. But if you're making moves that are based in culture that conveniently ignore the needs and wants of your user base, it might just be time to wake up and smell the genma-cha. Korg, in my opinion, has turned into Hamamatsu's version of a dumpster fire at this point with both the divisive "limited edition" bullshit as well as numerous design and implementation miscues that have piled up over the last several years. And now, with the OPsix (Yamaha 6-op FM retread, albeit with a programming interface that humans can make sense of) and the Wavestate (retooled Wavestation A/D-ish) and their demented multicolor MS-20FS line ($1400 for a different color MS-20 mini with 1/4" jacks, while you can still get the electronically-identical mini for $500 and change), something CLEARLY seems to be very, very wrong with Korg. If they keep on this sort of tangent, I think it's safe to say that in about 5-7 years, they're done.