Thread: My Next Rack

Mat, hope I'm not overcomplicating the issue. A few more comments:

-- yes there are a lot of options as far as "complex OSCs" go. Some of them are closer to the original Buchla inspiration, some further. We should add Frap Brenso to the list already above.

-- it IS worth reviewing the manuals, faceplates, and demo videos to get a sense of how these are same and different. Also worth of note is the NORMALING of signals in the module is pretty important and IMO kind of hard to really wrap one's head around unless spending a bunch of hands on time with the module. Also, IMO it is a bit hard to learn these types of modules unless one has a handy oscilloscope / FFT analyzer (like DATA or an in-DAW option), or unless one is already super experienced. I certainly needed DATA to help get a grip on DPO.

-- what may make the situation SIMPLER is, a lot of the options are known to be very good options. DPO is a well known and well liked module, and there's a lot of enthusiasm around C-sl and Mindphaser. The other alternatives, I know less well, but I don't know of a "dud" among them. So if you just picked one you're most excited about (and can get your hands on when you want, as stocking can be an issue), then it may be hard to go wrong in this area