I have a field kit fx for vcas but since it’s a vca mixer they’re merged on the output.. however I may not realise how much I will miss vcas (what you see on the rack url is what I planned to get but haven’t filled all the space yet).
What is a « quad cascading one » ?

you'll almost definitely need more vcas then... they are one of the most fundamental parts of a synthesizer... they are incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio - and being able to be used individually is very helpful

a quad cascading vca is 4 vcas that can be used as a mixer, but can also be split to use individually or severally - veils is a good example

For trigger, pitch and gate I also have a keystep and an mpc one (as a midi interface with the rest of my studio for sequencing). I intend to be satisfied with it for the moment given the staggering sums involved in the transition to modular.

sounds like a plan

Regarding the connection of my system without attenuation to my studio mixer, my mixer is digital (presonus studiolive), so I avoid clipping at all costs then it leads me to always watch the vu-meter (which is right behind me). And, might be wrong but I think attenuators are kind of a second hand solution for my purpose, especially because the output issue comes from the need of headphones socket.

doesn't the studiolive have a headphone socket? attenuators are always useful!

there's a great headphone module from alm busy circuits called hpo

@Cangore thanks, I already took a look on that module and yes it could finally fix all of my needs. But i still expect to find finer solution. Now, regarding that perfection doesn’t exists and since I don’t own an es-9, an harvest man quad pedal send and a proper solution with input gain +30db, I should consider taking 10hp for that.

the outputs from tex-mex are modular level... really your mixer should be fine...

I have to confess that my case seems too be already too small… 😐
-- Lijcke

unless you build in 30%+ for expansion they always do... hehehe

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities