Thread: Rackbrute 6U

thanks! really clear!
just because I'm thinking to find another module....
what can be interesting to add to my setup?

I was thinking about the Turing machine module....

I like drones, I have Microcosm pedal connected and a delay

-- centecente

turing machines are great - but they need to be clocked and they need to be quantized, if you want to use them for pitch with other sequencers that are quantized... so it might mean that you need more than just one module - ie the module you want and the modules that are needed to support it...

if what you want is 'looped quantized stepped random voltages' for generating 'pseudo-random' melodies - then it might be worth looking at a Pams New (or Pro) Workout - they can both do that - amongst a lot of other things including clock functions (master, division, multiplication, euclidean), logic, gates, envelopes etc - the screen on the Pro is better from all accounts and it has a lot more functionality - it's a module you'll grow into, if you don't mind the menu diving (which isn't that bad really, quite shallow, but a bit tedious - iirc you can save and recall presets - so that may help)

I'd think carefully about what you are missing in your patches - ie I want to do this, but I can't because I don't have that functionality in my case... note these omissions down - and then prioritise them before searching for and ultimately buying new modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities