So I do not own any modular equipment at the moment, but do have a korg minilogue, and a sampler.
I think i have worked out how to get enough money together to make that start on the modular scene.

I don't want to make a subtractive synth from scratch. To be honest, I don't think i want a filter, at least not yet. I am really interested in different ways of analogue synthesis, especially with the more west coast/left-field style of Make Noise's modules. I like the complex harmonics, the analogue FM synthesis and circular modulation.. Maybe one of you guys knows alternative/cheaper options in this flavour?

So I have three ideas in ascending price:

1. is to just get a Make Noise 0-coast and play with that a bit and see where it goes. However, I am worried that if I go modular after that, it will feel like time and money wasted..

2. is to make a modular based on my favourite Make Noise modules, basically an 0-coast on steroids.. see image.
    ModularGrid Rack
    Wondering if this might miss the point of modular focusing on one thing so much. I don't know a wide range of manufacturers or styles yet. Also I need seasoned eurorackers to tell me what utilities I'm missing.

3. I thought maybe I would simplify any issue of filters, basic oscillators, power, keyboard control, etc. by getting this interesting looking arturia modular bundle:
    https://www.gear4music.de/en/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Arturia-MiniBrute-2-with-6U-RackBrute/2AQF
    This appeals to me because it looks like I could integrate a solid subtractive monosynth with the stranger additive modules of make noise, and then build it up from there, without having to worry too much about getting all the basics individually. What do you guys think?