Thread: Tension

Hi Wedoh,

Thanks a lot for your help in let me understand the NW1 :-) The Drifting through Space, is that made by you? It's a nice slow, droney one! I still don't get it how you can make it so slow?

Meanwhile I got a bit more out of the NW1, I also followed up on your suggestions, nice results indeed but that real slow output I can't get it, how you manage to do that?

I am using the Erica Synths Octasource outputs for modulating the NW1 (all CVs, currently modulating the Tune, Travel and Position). I get fantastic kind of science fiction sounds (kind of 1980's ;-) ) out of it but not that nice slow movement you can manage to get out of it.

I don't have the Mutable Instruments Clouds though, seems to be discontinued product, do you know if there is any successor module for the Clouds? Can the Clouds make it sounds so slow/droney?

Regarding the Intellijel Springray2, I got the small and the medium tank, both hidden back in my Doepfer low cost casing. The small tank can be at sometimes a bit "rough" :-) Whereby the medium tank is good in case you want to have it a slightly bit subtler. Tonight again let the NW1 run through the Springray2 and indeed that sounds good and thick if you want; lot of ways to configure (using the 6 knobs) the Springray2 from very subtle to not subtle at all :-)

My recording options are a bit limited at the moment. I try not to use my computer, I use it professionally already extensively and that's enough for me, one of the reasons I went for modular! :-) I could record it with the Erica Synths Sample Drum, wav format. Do you know if it's possible to send you a wav file via personal message within this website?

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads