Thread: Marketplace

you mean to add a generic module called Want to buy? That will look very makeshift but interesting idea... somebody already uploaded a wallet module :)
There will be some issues like it's not possible to search in offers and it will be easy to pollute the marketplace with random junk. Also the question if a Quasimidi Raven belongs to Euro or MU
Let me think that through, I am not sure if this idea is bad or genius...

-- modulargrid

No that would be genius in a way indeed, but also super messy and pollute the DB as HELL. The thing is We have a Marketplace to put our items on sale and people browse and see if someone is selling something interesting. You could add another "page" "section" "area" that would be Want To Buy where users would as they put modules to sell, make requests to someone sell them an item. Many times you see someone saying "looking for X Module" and you have it and you kinda think... well i don't use much, perhaps i'm going to sell it to this guy who is looking for it.
So The Marketplace would be 2 different sections, the actual one would become For Sale and a new one "Want to Buy" where users can request. This actually makes it a true Marketplace. When you go shopping many times you ask "Do you have this item on stock?" because you don't see it or anything else... Same here :) (for example right now i would like to buy a used Intelli Shapeshifter if anyone is willing to sell it).

As for the Racks, Cables, PSU/Power... It's kinda easy for Cables as you only have 4/5 brands and dif sizes. As for PSU it's the same... true you have some PSU Modules like 4MS Power 40 or Synthros Deluxe 5A... but there are also Intelli bus+power, make noise, doepfer A100 PSU, Clicks and Clocks A100 Psu, etc... there are some options but not that much. (Once again i have 3 Click and Clock PSU to sell and it would make my job easier to have a place like the market place, instead of having to put inside a module for sale that I have more stuff to sell). I lost a huge deal on Stackcables because i saw the ad from the guy, but didn't notice the "other stuff"... The poor guy wanted to sell Stackcables and had to do it inside a module he was selling... If he had a right section or item created in DB to sell it... It would've been super easy.

As for the cases... it's too hard. There are generic brand ones... like Ginko, Elite, Enclave, Doepfer... but the custom made and stuff it's impossible.

Let me know what you think :)