Yeah I am planning to try these out and see what works best for me. I like the packaged
deal for 1k that includes the Arturia Minibrute 2s plus a Eurorack 6u case and power supply along with plenty of patch cables.

That said, the ultra portable Erica Synths PICO II looks cool but it is expensive for a tiny
modular synth and having microscopic knobs with patch cables would be messy so I'd
probably want a full system with some Erica components.

Make Noise- I am thinking of getting the desktop semi modular 0-Coast synth to see
if I like the way they do things. My only complaint is how difficult it is to read their
routing and non traditional way of doing things. Before I commit to a bunch of their modules
I'd want to see if I can work with their funky way of doing things compared to other
Eurorack modular companies.

The Mutable Instrument stuff looks cool as well and lot of folks have some of their items.
Same can be said for Intellijel.

My goal is a darker sound that has elements of hardcore industrial, house and psy-trance
as that is the voice I am looking for in the music I create.

For sequencing/sampling purposes, I am looking also at getting something like
an Elektron Octatrack or Arturia Beatstep. Elektron gear is expensive but superb.
I have some time using a friend's Machine Drum and love the workflow.

I think having an external portable master brain that can serve as a mobile DJ type device
as well as sample and manage the modular gear would be cool.