Thread: Korg ms20

Hi Buzz_R and Catwavez,

Catwavez: Thanks a lot for that module link. The module looks just what we need here! :-) Pity I don't know this brand and I can't find a closeby (European) dealer that sells this brand.

Buzz_R: Hmm yeah Roland System 1m, I had a look at it then I liked it. I actually own a Roland synth (before I started with and went into Eurorack) and I really like it, so I have from that point of view nothing against Roland. I am just saying this, so you don't get me wrong here :-)

I love the specifications of that System 1m, and I had several looks on the Internet about this one and I was kind of ready to buy this thing because indeed it looks very interesting. So I went to my dealer and had it tested and somehow (and I don't mind to put the blame here full at myself) I just couldn't get nice sounds out of that thing. That made me feel a bit disappointing because whatever I read about it was positive but I just couldn't get nice sounds out of it and I admit that might be just my non-skills of just not knowing how to use it but it made me a bit careful about this item and decided not to buy it for the moment.

However now reading your comments makes me feel that I should perhaps give it a second chance and try to test it again at my dealer; so I will reconsider that System 1m again then :-)

By the way, I also tested the Roland Eurorack modules but they were even worse than that System 1m, their modules can't give me any appetite at all to buy and use them. I don't know exactly why just that I don't feel they are very "exciting" to use. The sound I felt was a bit boring. For me a module must invite me to start patching it, to feel happy, to feel exciting to use it, but no sir, not with the Roland Eurorack modules... pity because I love their synthesizers...

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads