I am thinking back to when I used to use MIDI gear with my modular and I remembered the only setup I ever managed to get together that worked properly and kept everything in proper time. I don't know if it was sale accurate, but it sounded right.

It's a bit leftfield, it was connecting several setups together for live jam sessions with multiple people, iOS devices, so might be overkill and finally it is from memory so I might not remember all the steps, oh and it is based on Mac, but here goes:

1) Setup Ableton with Ableton LINK - the LINK part is crucial - this is the magic sauce that ties everything together!

2) Your computer needs WIFI - I always created an 'ad hoc' network from my Apple Mac computer - better than a router it seemed!? YMMV and it might be bette through a dedicated router. In which case I would recommend manually configuring your network rather than relying on DHCP.

3) A module that can convert MIDI to a clock pulse - I used Mutable Instruments Yarns

4) an iPhone with a CCK and a USB > MIDI converter (the M-Audio UNO I think) connected to Yarns (you will need to work out the config for Yarns)

5) The wonderful free MIDI LINK SYNC APP > https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-link-sync/id1071048493

6) WIFI on on your iPhone connected to the MAC synced using MIDI LINK SYNC via the iOS app to Ableton!

7) Enjoy centralised STOP/START/RESET and rock solid SYNC on as many devices and setups as you like.

It was excellent - unfortunately it's a lot of work to set up and configure correctly - but because of the compensation and decoupling of the clocks and the reliance on LINK it really did work very well indeed.

===

Alternative approach using audio out:

This Make Noise video explains it perfectly and provides a modular pulse sample:

I wish I'd remembered about this before I typed all that out above but hey ho - both there now :)))