Not heard of the MS-20ic. Interesting.

The desire for a MS-20 (or clone) is def a throwback for me :-) I lusted after one of these back in the day.

I had an original Roland 100M system but sold it when MIDI arrived - I saw the writing on the wall for analogue! :-) I don't regret it as I wanted polyphonic stuff. And not tempted even by Behringer's 100m-a-like.

I'm in the UK and most MS-20 mini sellers (ebay) want MORE than you can buy a new one for. Crazy. I wish my customers were as ignorant :-)

And I DO like the form factor as you say. The diff between a Behringer and the real thing over here is only about £180. The interest in the behringer was more a space issue and potential Eurorack connectivity.

At the time I also lusted after an ARP 2600. Really interested in Korg's re-issue - until I saw the price :-)

Oddly, I watched 3 demos on YT by Korg's Luke (I think), all basically the ame and done for different shops. Just scratched the surface but ultimately disappointing and cured me of my luisting :-) I just hope I don't see any really good demos... :-)