(pre any of this, just want to say thanks for all the attention given to newbie rack builds. not sure what i would do without this site or community)

Thinking MBV if kevin shields had a synth vibes crossed with Alessandro Cortini’s “scappa” in a small footprint. I’m shooting for two voices, bass and lead. Lead will go out through a pedal board that I already have leftover from my power pop/shoegazer days and all will be summed into the filter and lo-fi junky.

Scappa ->

Part of the reason the small case is appealing (aside from cost) is the pedal board itself adds a fair amount of footprint and I’m shooting for something i could lug to a gig eventually.

I am 100% sure I am missing something here. My gut is that the sloths could be replaced with something more useful but what?? I love the idea of it so much.

Rack:
alt text

Pedals (not in any order, just some of what i have to represent available effects):
alt text

Setup notes:
- Arturia keystep for sequencing
- keystep pitch cv to buffer 1
- keystep gate to buffer 2
- buffer 1 to plaits and hold of noise tools
- use slow cycle from noise tools OR sloths to trigger hold
- hold out to STO (creating harmony and/or bass line)
- STO to optimix 1
- Plaits to optomix 2
- buffer 2 (gate) to TipTop EG
- TipTop eg can be used to affect Optimix 2 (plaits/lead)
- Optimix 2 out to guitar pedal send (1u)
- pedal send mix to Duatt A
- Optimix 1 out to Duatt B
- Duatt sum to Ripples
- Ripples out to Lo Fi junky
- Lo Fi junky out to headphones
- sloths and noise tools pink/white for random ish across rack

This seems to me like it could work. My concerns are:
- do i need another EG? if the bass can be drone-ish, LPG can be handled manually like a mixer as long as i can ride it
- would be nice to add a slight rhythmic element here. i considered swapping the sloths for a 4hp version and then a pico drum to sidechain the Optomix
- Ripples is my only filter but Lo Fi Junky has some of its own internal filtering/compression/modulation so for that tape-y sound, it seems like a good fit

Open to any and all feedback, and very much appreciated. if i were going for a bigger rack (considered, but worried about space and cost) i’d add a qu-bit bloom for sequencing and drop the keystep. I like random and generative stuff, but more when it is constrained within established boundaries and just gives some extra life to something I have already prescribed.

Thanks!