Hi Rookie,

How are you and how is your modular going regarding that Shepard Tone?

When I read this post back on the 24th of August and especially after the explanation of Lugia (thank you very much Lugia), though I felt the idea is very interesting, I was too busy with other stuff and at that moment, for me, it was too complicated to look deeper into it.

Very coincidentally though that I received two days ago a module that was or better, that is a very interesting module. One of the most interesting matters is that I managed with this one particular module to create a Shepard Tone that I discovered quite unexpectedly, please check this out:

Is that what you mean? If yes, then suddenly I got a rather easy solution for you to create that tone, it's just a matter of getting one module :-) The above "demo track" goes in the beginning up and after a bit more than a half minute, it goes the other way around and goes down till I let it fade away.

Other than this one module I only used a mixer (Doepfer) and an Audio Interface (input/output by Intellijel). To give the sound a bit more "touch" I added a slightly bit of a reverb by using the Ventris Dual Reverb (using single Reverb only by the way) from Source Audio.

Let me know if this was what you were looking for and good luck with the Shepard Tone ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads