I don't use this on my modular gear, Instead, what I find useful about M/S "abuse" is its ability to spread the mix and, thanks to some phasing trickery in the typical M/S network, the ability to cause the stereo image to exceed the left-right boundaries. So I tend to use these on submixes when I need a 'wider' result, and on some more ambient stuff, I'll put a M/S network plugin on the mixbus to make that stereo field sound massive and deep.

Mind you, there are some risks to this. One thing it'll do is to make your mixes VERY mono-incompatible. Also, you have to keep an ear out for phase cancellations that the M/S network settings might be causing in more extreme settings. Plus, if you want to put something processed like this on vinyl, you'll have to use some serious low-end summing to mono to make the track's low end under control. If that's not done, your lathe engineer will be cussing you up and down, because out of phase BASS results in a situation where the cutting head cannot physically cut that to a lacquer...and REALLY extreme out of phase bass can, in fact, wreck the cutting head!