Hi Lugia,
Really appreciate this. I was reading through the replies and was hoping you responded as the advice you have been giving generally has been wonderful and the rationale behind your selections shows great insight. Thankyou so much for this as I wouldn't have thought about these modules and was looking at the typical famous modules like Maths and Pam's New Workout which I see in most peoples racks. I think you call these the 'shiny' modules. :)

It's unlikely I will be playing live, its more of a serious hobby for me but I would like to multitrack into a DAW. Should I consider the ES-8 and if so what should I be losing please?

You are right the AM Synths VCF is too deep for that other case but I really like this filter and to be honest was one of the reasons I did the deal on a job lot for some of the modules along with the case which is a custom built 240 hp weedy whizz case so ideally I would like to keep the module in the main weedy whizz case. If I did this would you recommend that I just do a straight swap for the Korgasmatron?

Thanks