This is incredibly helpful, thank you. This make a hell of a lot of sense, the module substitutions and additions look great, and I appreciate the revised signal flow.

A couple of quick questions on the revised layout;
- You talk about two "voices" by linking the Plaits and the Instruo, which makes sense, but I'm assuming with 3 oscillators (plus morphagene) you could have more than that. I'm guessing you'd just be limited on the utilities?
- I originally included a mixer, and the Cosmix is a great upgrade, but now I'm wondering whether it is really needed. One thing that worries me - and perhaps I'm too used to DAWs - is the ability to record individual "voices" as individual tracks, which was what I like about the ES-9 - it also allows me to add individual effects to tracks through Ableton.

Would it make sense to scrap the mixer and just feed everything directly into the ES-9? Alternatively, i could keep the mixer and use a simpler/cheaper PC to CV converter for CV signal output.. and then record separately through my soundcard. I can see there are benefits to keeping the mixer too.