Hi Lugia and Nickgreenberg,

Lugia: Dewey setup that can hold 2 1/2 TONS per unit. It ain't goin' NOWHERE! --> ha, ha, yeah good one, nobody is walking away with a 200 kg mixer, you don't need to worry about it get stolen or something like that! :-)

Thanks a lot for the BenchPro link, pretty interesting stuff available there!

I don't know how you do it but you just had a look at it and found already here in Germany an Allen & Heath - ML 3000 for me; great! :-)

As I mentioned I have a rather modern house and that's not always a benefit, yes it's good insulated so in the winter you don't need much heating and bla, bla, bla, but the bad thing of modern houses within a reasonable pricing region is that the house and its allocated rooms are pretty small... :-( What I am trying to say is, at my current location in the attic my studio shares my working space and that means there is not much space left. I am thinking of somehow create some space but no matter what I can come up with, I would never have decent (!) space enough for such a beautiful mixer... so I am afraid I need to look more at a modern mixer that's compacter and that's with a digital (smaller) mixer easier to realise.

Having that all said... If now these ML3000s and Five series are available at "dump prices" so to speak... how many years do I need to wait before an Allen & Heath - dLive S7000 or a Soundcraft - Vi7000 becomes available in that reasonable priced region? Both are beautiful modern mixers, bit smaller than their older analogue brothers but unaffordable to me for the moment ;-) Just nice to dream about them. So when would these "digital beasts" be affordable in 10 years time (perhaps that's something I can wait for) or would that take longer? :-(

Nickgreenberg: Well, at least for me, isn't it allowed to dream a bit ahead of what is affordable either price-wise or weight-wise or size-wise? At least the latter two are an issue for my current house and non-available space ;-)

You asked: Do you want / need a ton of analog mix channels? Well, that's actually the point I guess... Do I need it ... no most probably not... do I want it ... most probably yes! :-)

On the other hand, you know the "drill" and motto here of this modulargrid.net website, right? You never can have enough VCAs! In that same pattern, at least in my opinion, you never can have enough inputs and outputs on a mixer (or on any device)...

It's the same for a Eurorack, it can never be too big, it only can be too small ;-)

Both: He, he, funny and nice discussion and I hope you allow me to dream a bit ;-) Thank you and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads