Another blinding reply!!! keep them coming.

Thanks again for your input.
Truth be told I would like to think I know what I am doing but my knowledge of synthesis is more along the lines of 'can play,can't read Music.'
The choice of modules has been subconsciously driven by other people's ratings which in turn could be because of 'coolness' as I don't really know what they actually do so couldn't be sure if they are cool or not!

These are the main reasons for the choices being made:
1. Buy a module, discover that another module is required, see rack space, fill.
2. try and find a module that achieves maximum functionality in the smallest foot print as possible to avoid buying more modules and in turn, a bigger case.

They are probably logical reasons due to space and finance but not to synthesis, does that make sense?

I already have vintage synths,/drum machines but thought rather than buying a prophet 5/ Jupiter 8 Modular synthesis seemed like a truly 'New' way of working and getting the Atlantis was a way into eurorack.
Maybe a bad choice as it has encouraged cutting corners which otherwise may have led me to a better understanding of Modular.