You probably won't need Scales with the quantizing abilities of the Disting and Bloom. I may be wrong but I think a recent update to Pam's New Workout also has some quantizing capabilities. Maybe someone else could chime in on that.
-- farkas

The Disting can run as a quantizer. The Disting EX can run as virtually two Disting Mk4s... so it can juggle quantizing and still be capable of offering another function.

I own a micro Ornaments and Crime. I like it for quantizing. I think with a Disting EX,an O_C, and the Pam's, you'd be very covered in possibilities.

-- Ronin1973

Thanks @farkas and @Ronin1973 . Once again I appreciate your input here. I've looked at O_C and considered it. I'll check it out again and see which version of it seems like a good fit for me.

Hi @andrew0 !

Whatever you do, enjoy the process!

Cheers,

-loops
-- looprication

hey @looprication thank you for your support & insight. I've checked out the LMNTL splitter and I've been meaning to add some of these to my shopping list so thank you. Also good to hear that I'm on the right track with the uMIDI.

Decided to have a bash at this, then got a surprise when checking the rack values. The Arturia Rackbrute 6U isn't 89 hp wide, it's 88. See the page at Arturia's site here: https://www.arturia.com/products/hardware-synths/rackbrute-6u/overview The copy there states that the cab has 176 hp totalled (including the 5 hp taken up by the P/S), which is 2 x 88. I already had a build completed in the original cab, then had to go back and change several things. Nevertheless, this came out pretty good, I think.
This isn't too bad. It'll make for a more-than-ample starter modular, plus it also has the ability to work with chance-determined melodic patterns (and a lot of other stuff) via the Clank Chaos. 2 x 104 would've made for a better fit, admittedly, but I think this 2 x 88 came out pretty decent.
-- Lugia

hey @Lugia

Thanks for taking the time to do this and giving a thorough response. I appreciate that this must have taken you a lot of time to put together as well as going to the effort of explaining each choice and how the parts fit together. That being said a lot of these modules don't seem appropriate for my needs. Based on some of your comments/responses, I'm not sure you read through & understand my goals/aims for the rack. I'm going to go point by point for some of this:

1. The Rackbrute & its size, yes I know it is small. In terms of HP to price this comes out on top for me right now because of the heavy discount I'm getting it at. If a 104 HP case was more HP to price efficient for me at this time I would be going for it.
  2. I've looked up the HP width of the Rackbrute series several times and they are listed as 88HP width on the Arturia website but users report that they are 89 HP with 88 screwholes.

https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194865

https://old.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/cqr9pw/mysterious_bonus_hp_on_rackbrute_3u/

https://www.thomann.de/gb/arturia_rackbrute_3u.htm
from user Robrecht:

"One more thing: in early announcements from Arturia, the width of the case was advertised as 88hp. It is, in fact, 89hp wide. The threaded strip has only 88 screwholes, but there's room inside the case for 89hp worth of faceplates. Just shift the strip a little to the left or right inside the rail and mount one module with its faceplate extending beyond the strip. "

1. I already have the Contour Module, I'm not going to leave it out of my first build because its HP inefficient. My limitations at this point are budget, not HP. I'm just getting started.
  2. The Expert Sleepers FH-2. I've actually looked at nearly all of the Expert Sleepers modules and have been trying to figure out how they would integrate with my current equipment. FH-2 seems inappropriate for this build considering I want to sync my Octatrack & Digitone with my Rack.

As for the rest of it... Well like I said I do appreciate the effort you've gone to and it seems fine, but I don't know what else to say at this point. It's not even wrong.