I'm surprised with the popularity of modular these days, that more companies like Focusrite haven't made their audio interfaces to be DC coupled...thanks to you, I was able to find a very inexpensive MOTU 828 and it has been doing what I need (or as much as I know how to exploit at this time...which I'm sure is very little) with my desire to interface my modular setup with Ableton CV tools.

I don't have the history you do...not even close...but I'm curious about your comment about E-mu and mostly because I bought one of the XK-6 keyboards twenty years ago, acquired a couple nice ROMs to go with it over time (Techno Synth Construction Yard and Proteus 2000). I've thought about selling the keyboard (too big for the space I have) and getting one of the E-mu modules that has 4 SIMM sockets to use the two extra ROMs but people are asking crazy $ for the ROMs which I can easily use to support my newfound modular addiction :) It would be cool if there was a way to use the ROMs I have as a sample source for my modular setup...plug the ROM into a module and boom, tons of nice sounds

JB